|This page has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the internet, as we cannot guarantee the safety of other websites.|
|Release Date||January 2, 2019|
- Many blocks are in a different order
- Events Blocks are the color of the Scratch 2.0 Control Blocks, and control blocks are a bit lighter than the old events blocks
- More Blocks has been renamed My Blocks, and is a shade of light red
Click on a block to learn more about it!
go to [ v] layer
go [ v] () layers
(costume [ v])
(backdrop [ v])
change [ v] effect by ()::sound
set [ v] effect to ()::sound
clear sound effects
set drag mode [ v]
<() contains ()?::operators
delete () of [ v]
delete all of [ v]
(item # of () in [ v])
For extension blocks, please go to the extension pages.
- New Paint Editor and Sound Editor
- Pen, Video Sensing, and Music blocks are now extensions
- You can now make and play projects on tablets and play them on phones, but currently you cannot edit projects on mobile phones
- Several extra options for the “touching ()?” boolean, including “any edge”, “mouse-position”, and “left edge”
- Different fonts: Sans Serif (thin Helvetica), Serif (Times), Handwriting, Marker, Curly, Pixel, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- The vector paint editor is now the default editor
- The Video Sensing blocks is an extension
- New extensions: Text to Speech, Translate, Micro:bit, and Lego Mindstorms EV3.
- Internet Explorer will not be a supported browser
- PicoBoard and LEGO WeDo 1.0 are not supported
- The addition of a pause button like in Phosphorus and Sulfurous
A design chart for the Move () steps block.
An old design chart for some horizontal blocks. There aren't any in the released version at https://llk.github.io/scratch-gui/
The comments for blocks.
- "Editor" The "wrapper" for all of the various pieces of Scratch 3.0.
- The blocks interface
- Virtual machine (the thing that makes a Scratch program run / work / execute)
- Rendering engine
- Audio engine
- The less stable, yet more updated editor
- The preview FAQ
Development • Scratch 3.0