When new Scratchers join the Scratch website, they often have questions...
- What is Scratch, and what can I do with it?
- How do I get started Scratching?
- How can I meet other Scratchers on the website?
How can I become a member of the Welcoming Committee?
First, create a project to welcome new Scratchers. It should...
- Be friendly, welcoming, and enthusiastic.
- Describe something that you like about Scratch.
- Invite New Scratchers to comment on the project to introduce themselves and ask questions.
- Include a brief introduction to Scratch.
- Link to the Scratch Wiki and another helpful place.
- Look appealing and include a backdrop or a couple of sprites.
Then submit your project by clicking the "add project" button on the Welcoming Committee submissions studio and choosing your project. A Welcoming Committee Reviewing Team Member will view your project and give suggestions for changes until it's ready for the studio. Once your project is accepted, you become a member of the Scratch Welcoming Committee!
How will I help New Scratchers?
When someone new registers for Scratch, they will see a link to a random Welcoming Committee project on their My Stuff page. You can help by...
- Replying to their comments on your project
- Answering their questions
- Encouraging them as they begin Scratching
To find out more about how to help, please read this guide:
What if I want to opt out?
If you wish to opt out of the Welcoming Committee, tell a Welcoming Committee coordinator or comment on the studio, and they'll remove your project from the studio. Alternatively you can also remove the project yourself.