Revision as of 14:16, 29 June 2014 by Scimonster (Lead rewrite, remove headers.)
|Please expand this article or section. You can help by talk page. (Date?)if you are an editor. More information might be found in a section of the|
The File Menu is a dropdown menu with options related to metadata about the project.
Online Editor Features
- New is a feature that creates a new blank project in the editor. It will not overwrite the previous project, as it is a separate project in My Stuff.
- Save now
- Save now saves all of the changes made to the project since the previous state. If Internet connection is available, the save will be updated to the server properly; otherwise a message will appear near the top-right saying "not saved: no network connection".
- Save as a copy
- Save as a copy generates a totally separate, identical project to the one opened in the editor.
- Go To My Stuff
- Go To My Stuff takes one to his or her my stuff page.
- Upload from your computer
- Upload from your computer is a feature that allows one to upload projects that one has saved on his or her computer to the Scratch Website. The file extension for a Scratch 2.0 project is
.sb2; Scratch 1.x projects with the extension
.sbcan also be uploaded into the online editor.
|Caution:||The uploaded project will replace the contents of the current project.|
- Download to your computer
- Download to your computer allows you to download projects from the online editor to your computer, which can then be uploaded.
- Revert allows one to undo everything that has changed since the project was initially loaded this session.
Offline Editor Features
- New is a feature that allows you create a new project in the offline editor.
- This will allow you to open a project stored on your computer.
- This option will allow you to save your project, however, if you never saved this project before, you will choose where to save your project when you try to save.
- Save As
- This will allow you to choose where to save your project.
- Share to Website
- This option will allow you to share your project onto the Scratch website.
- Check for updates
- This will allow you to check for updates if there are any for the offline editor.