|Change Size by ()|
change size by ()
The Change Size by () block is a Looks block and a Stack block. The block changes its sprite's size by the specified amount. The default sprite size is 100; size values below that percentage are for shrunken sprites, and size values above it are for overlarge sprites.
As this block changes its sprite's size, it is used whenever a sprite's size must be changed. Some common uses are:
- A sprite in a 3D world that must change its size as it moves along the plain
- A growing object
- A shrinking object, usually to the point where it can be hidden, this can be achieved by puting a minus - infront of the value, for example, if you want the sprite to shrink slowly, you would put -1 in the block
- Changing the size of a paintbrush for painting
- Draining a pool of water by shrinking the water sprite
- Making an object that grows and shrinks continuously
- Main article: List of Block Workarounds
The block can be replicated with the following code:
set size to ((size) + (amount))%
You can also decrease the size by using the minus operator. However, this is not exact because the main block rounds it and the math block gives exact numbers.
Say () for () Seconds • Say () • Think () for () Seconds • Think () • Switch Costume to () • Next Costume • Switch Backdrop to () Next Backdrop • Change Size by () • Set Size to ()% • Change () Effect by () • Set () Effect to () • Clear Graphic Effects • Show • Hide • Go to () Layer • Go () () Layers • Costume # • Backdrop Number • Size
|For the Stage|