|This article is a stub. It may be incomplete, unfinished, or have missing parts/sections. If the article can be expanded, please do so! There may be suggestions on its talk page. (April 2023)|
|April Fools Day - Suggest-Show-Question-Bugs-Help-Glitch-Tell-Etc|
|Amount of activity:||Had a very high number of topics and a high number of replies.|
|Types of users who can post:||All users could create and reply to topics on April Fools' Day 2023|
|Brief description:||"All joke posts go here! Community Guidelines still apply. Happy April Fools Day!"|
April Fools Day - Suggest-Show-Question-Bugs-Help-Glitch-Tell-Etc was a forum dedicated to April Fools' Day posts. It was created under the About Scratch category on March 29, 2023. The April Fools' Day forum was introduced to allow the forums to function normally during April Fools and open all categories of discussion to April Fools topics. It was closed at around 8 a.m. EDT on April 2, and removed at 9 a.m. EDT. It is uncertain whether the forum will return in the future.
Prior to its creation, April Fools' Day topics were created in normal forums, which rendered them almost inaccessible to normal traffic, and required the moderators to perform a lengthy clean-up process afterward. In 2020, users began to post joke topics on March 31 as well, making the existing problems worse. In 2022, April Fools topics were banned in help-related forums (effectively limiting April Fools to Suggestions) to mitigate this effect. However, this did not fully solve the issues that occurred in previous years. The clean-up process still required the moderators to do a lot of work, and only a relatively small number of Scratchers helped. This caused some more Scratchers to volunteer to clean the forums, but it became unnecessary with the introduction of this forum. While there were older topics in the forum due to moving, the first visible topic specifically made for the forum was ** All April Fool's Day Forum Posts Here **, a topic by Paddle2See explaining the forum.
At approximately 8 p.m. ET on April 1, 2023, a lot of topics in the April Fools forum were stickied. One only had to report the topic to be stickied, so stickies overflowed the first page and ran onto the second page. Shortly before 9 p.m. ET, most of these stickies were un-stickied.
- This was the only subforum to have a forum name and description that took up three lines, rather than the usual one or two, on the main discuss page, as both the title and description were unusually long.
- The forum was not opened at the same time as when the other April Fools feature changes of Scratch occurred.
- cheddargirl. (2/4/2023). "We're not sure. One of the things to keep in mind is that the AFD forums were (or rather, are) are a resource sink in terms of time, cost, and moderation." post:7118165
- Za-Chary. (22/3/2022). "By the way… from what I remember, April Fools' Day in the forums started being 2 days in 2020. In prior years, April Fools' Day in the forums definitely started on April 1st United States time. In 2020, I think others started the idea that since it's April 1st somewhere, then festivities should begin. Sounds great and all, but that is a whole extra day of April Fools' — hence twice as much work to clean up." post:6139758
- ScratchCatHELLO. (1/4/23). "we did it [title]" topic:674858[dead link]